Has a little spice to it, but is not overly hot.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric
- add 2 medium onions
- add 2 teaspoons garam masala
- add freshly ground salt
- add 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- add 1 cup beef stock
- add 1 can diced tomatoes
- add 700 g ground lamb
- add 1/4 cup milk
- add fresh ground pepper
- add 5 potatoes
- add 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- add 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- add 2 chilies
- add 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- add vegetable oil
- add 2 cloves garlic
- Cook the potatoes in plenty of lightly salted water until tender.
- Crain well and mash with, turmeric, coriander, milk and seasonings.
- Set aside.
- Potatoes could be done in the microwave.
- Heat a little oil in a pot and gently saute the onions, chillies, garlic and ginger until slightly coloured.
- Add cumin, garam masala and sambel.
- Mix well and add lamb mince, together with more oil if needed.
- Cook, mashing and stirring the meat until it changes colour and separates.
- Then add tomatoes, stock and seasonings.
- Stir well and cook until thick and fragrant.
- Transfer meat mix to an oven proof dish and top with potato, spreading out into an even layer.
- Cook in oven about 10 mins until crispy.
- Oven should be preheated to 200dC.