MMMM Meatloaf and cheese meet in this delicious comfort food meal!! My boys said this is the best meatloaf ever!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- add 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese (or 6 ounces sliced)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- add 2 cups soft french breadcrumbs
- add 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- add 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- add 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- add 4 garlic cloves
- add 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 375º. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in ground beef, crumbs, parmesan, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and 1/2 CUP PIZZA SAUCE until well combined.
- On large sheet of foil, shape beef into 12x10 inch rectangle.
- Top evenly with provolone, roasted peppers and olives to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Starting with one 10-inch side, roll up; press seam to seal. Place seam side down in pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; spoon remaining pizza sauce over loaf.
- Return to oven, bake 15-20 minutes longer or until loaf is thoroughly cooked in center and thermometer reads 160º. This may take longer, so please use the thermometer!
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with additional heated sauce, if desired.