Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"'I received the recipe for this moist meat loaf in my high school economics class,' recalls Lisa Malone of Cordell, Oklahoma. 'At the time, I made it for my mom and dad. Now I fix it for my husband and daughter. We all love it.'"
- add 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- add 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- add 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- add 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- add 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- add 1 egg, beaten
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- In a bowl, combine the egg, half of the tomato sauce, bread crumbs, onion and green pepper if desired, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat meat mixture into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Sprinkle cheeses to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Transfer to a microwave-safe 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 12 minutes, rotating a half turn once; drain. Continue cooking on 50% power for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, rotating a half turn once. In a bowl, combine the remaining tomato sauce and oregano. Pour over meat loaf. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 5 minutes before serving.