Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
wonderful recipe for all gathering,family & friends. one of the best fast pot luck dish always. This is my winninig recipe in 2008.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1lb ground beef
- add 1 lb ground mild Italian Sausage
- add 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- add 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- add 3 tab spoon Parmesan cheese
- add 1large loaf Italian bread or sour dough cut into small cubes(bite size)
- add 1-8 0z cream cheese or (nonfat) softened
- add 1/2 cup mayonnaise or (non fat mayo or yogurt)
- add 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- add 1 &1/2 jar of Italian chunky Spaghetti sauce
- add 2 cloves of garlic minced
- add 1 tea s Italian seasoning
- add pepper & salt to taste
- add Extra Virgin olive oil as needed
- add 1/2 cup water or( beer) or (red or white wine)
- 1- pre- heat oven to 400 F( 205 c)
- 2-Mix together onion,bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese,ground beef &Italian sausage add pepper & salt to taste if needed..roll into golf ball size ..place the balls in a baking pan & bake for 15 to 20 minutes.or until meat balls are no longer pink.
- 3-arrange the bread cubes in a single layer in a 9x12 greased by extra virgin olive oil.
- 4-mix cream cheese or(non fat yogurt) ,extra virgin olive oil, Mayo, Italian seasoning & black pepper as need to taste until very smooth..pour the mixture over bread cubes.sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese.
- 5-in a large bowl mix the spaghetti sauce , minced garlic , 1/4 cup of water or (beer or red or white wine) &1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ..gently stir in the meat ball.& pour over the bread & cheese mixer in the baking pan..
- 6-sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over the top..
- bake at 350 f (175c) for 30 minutes.