Meatloaf filled with Cappicola and Mozzarella roll is seasoned with spices and store bought pesto and sundried tomatoes in oil which you puree. Please take note that the pesto and sundried tomatoes have seasoning and garlic added so adjust to taste.
- add 1/2 lb ground pork
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- add 1/2 lb capicola-mozzarella roll
- add 3 tablespoons pureed sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- add 3-4 slices bacon (optional)
- add 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- add 1 small onion
- add 2 large eggs
- add 1/2 cup slightly warm broth
- add hot pepper flakes
- add 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- add 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degree`s.
- In a large bowl add the bread crumbs and broth and let soften.
- Add the next 8 ingredients mix in well(Pesto to pepper flakes).
- Add the meats and eggs mix together.
- On a damp counter place plastic wrap down. Then the meat mixture in one layer 9 x 12.
- Lay the ham & cheese roll in one row across the long lenght of the meat. Press the Cappicola into the meat.
- With the aid of the plastic wrap pull up the long side meat over the cheese and continue to roll sealing in the cheese.
- Roll onto a large baking pan. Adjust the roll so seam is down and cheese is seal inches. removing the plastic wrap, add discard wrap.
- Place the bacon slices over meat if using.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes. Or until internal temp is 160 degrees when inserted in center of loaf.
- Let the meat rest room temp for 15-20 minutes. Important for the juices to redistribute.
- Serve with your favorite tomato sauce.