This is the one meatloaf that both my husband and my kids like. I usually have all the ingredients on hand, which makes it easy to throw together when I haven't been shopping lately.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 4 sprigs parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- add 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 medium onion, chopped (can reduce this to make more kid-friendly)
- add 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- add 1 lb ground beef
- add 4 slices whole-wheat bread (or can use 2 each rye and white)
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon oregano
- Soak bread in 1 cup water in large bowl for several minutes, then mash bread with fork.
- Add ground beef, onion, parsley, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Place in loaf pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce over meatloaf and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake 25 minutes longer.