This is the very first recipe I ever found in a cookbook and made on my own (when I was in Jr. High School over 10 years ago). I found it in a book called, "Cooking With Kids".
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 small green bell pepper
- add 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- add 2 lbs lean ground beef
- add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 1 tomato
- add 1 large onion
- add 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- add 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- Peel and chop onion and green pepper.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and green pepper and saute until tender.
- Add ground beef and saute until browned.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add macaroni and cook according to package directions.
- Place in medium-size casserole; add ground beef mixture, soup and choped tomato.
- Mix well.
- Bake, covered with foil for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for 5 minutes more until cheese ismelted and lightly browned.