This sauce is absolutely delicious! It's made with 2 envelopes of "spaghetti sauce with mushrooms".
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 bay leaf
- add 1 medium onion
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 2 (3 7/8 ounce) cans pitted and sliced ripe olives
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- add 2 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopes italian-style spaghetti sauce mix
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add 1 green pepper
- add 2 lbs ground beef
- add 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- add 3 cups water
- In large, heavy pot, cook ground beef, onion and green pepper, stirring regularly, until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover; simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring sauce regularly.
- Serve over hot pasta topped with grated cheese.