This is a quick and easy side dish. Great flavor and always a people pleaser!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- add 1 lb fresh string beans
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- add 1 clove garlic
- add salt and pepper (to taste)
- add 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Wash and trim fresh string beans.
- Add string beans to a pot of boiling water.
- Cook until soft and drain water.
- In large frying pan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat and add minced garlic.
- Let garlic sautee in butter and oil until a light golden brown and add string beans.
- Stir, coating all the string beans with butter and oil.
- Sprinkle string beans with bread crumbs and stir, coating all of the string beans.
- (If it's a little dry add some more oil) Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.