Italian Wedding Soup
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped escarole or spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 5 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl combine, meat, egg,bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil& onion powder; shape into 3/4" balls.
- In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot& meatballs.
- Return to boil;reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Location: San Francisco , CA