Not for the faint of heart. This is a rich, robust cake that is easy to prepare and will impress your friends and family. MUCH better than any of the commerically available liquor cakes.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup sweet butter
- add 6 eggs
- add 3 cups sifted cake flour
- add 2-3 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey
- add 1 cup pecans
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 1/2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- add water
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugar.Add eggs one at a time.Add in dry ingredients, which should have been mixed together, sour cream and whiskey.Stir in pecans.
- Turn into a greased and floured 10" tube or bundt pan.Bake at 325 degrees for 75 minutes or until a tester or toothpick comes out of the cake clean.
- Cool the cake and pour the icing over the top.Let sit for at least one day.Keep in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap.