Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Ingredients
- add 8 chicken drumsticks, skin on ( the skin is important for flavour, and is so tasty to eat!)
- add 1 cup water
- add 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 1/3 cup soy sauce
- add 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1 garlic clove, peeled and bruised
- add 1 small hot chili pepper, slit open, seeds removed
- add Directions
- add Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat.
- add Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- add Remove any scum that rises to the surface.
- add Increase the heat, turning the drumsticks frequently in the liquid, and cook until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze.
- add Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, remove the garlic clove and chili from the liquid, and spoon the glaze over.
- add NOTE It's a glaze rather than a sauce, so there's not a whole lot of it.
- Nutrition Facts
- Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueCalories 313.1 Calories from Fat 11436%Amount Per Serving% Daily ValueTotal Fat 12.7g19%Saturated Fat 3.4g17%Cholesterol 118.2mg39%Sugars 13.5 gSodium 1470.5mg61%Total Carbohydrate 15.8g5%Dietary Fiber 0.3g1%Sugars 13.5 g54%Protein 31.0g62%