This is a delicious rice recipe with such a wonderful flavour to it. I like this dish very much! : ) I couldn't find dashi stock so I used miso soup instead. And if you don't want to use fresh shrimp you can use precooked peeled shrimp. Just add them in the last minute of cooking to heat through.
- add 2 tablespoons mirin
- add 1/2 red pepper
- add 1 cup japanese short-grain rice
- add 2 spring onions
- add 1 tablespoon canola oil
- add 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 12 snow peas
- add 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- add 2 1/2 cups dashi stock
- add 16 large shrimp
- add 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix together the stock, soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium hear and cool the spring onion for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger and rice and cook for a minute, stirring to coat the rice with oil.
- Add the stock and sauce mix, red pepper and snow peas, bring to the boil then cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
- Remove the lid and quickly place the shrimp on top of the rice, then cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir to combine and serve garnished with the reserved spring onion.