If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil*
- add 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, cut into matchstick-size strips
- add 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- add 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size strips 4 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- add 1/2 cup rice vinegar*
- add 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (nam pla)*
- add 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- add 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; pour into large bowl. Add cucumber, carrot and red bell pepper. Cool. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature.)
- Add cabbage to vegetable mixture; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt.
- *Sold at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets.