Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
I love jalapenos!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 8 C flour
- add 1 pound mild to medium cheddar cheese
- add 3/4 C irregularly chopped jalapeno peppers
- add 1/2 C sugar
- add 2 tsp. salt
- add 2 C warm water (105 - 115)
- add 3 packages dry yeast
- add 3 Tb vegetable oil
- Combine flour, jalapenos, 7 Tb of the sugar and salt. Mix well. Combine warm water, yeast and remaining 1 Tb sugar.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- Add oil to dough and mix thoroughly.
- Knead 15 minutes until smooth and elastic. Fold chunks of cheese into bread.
- Place in large greased bowl and cover to rise. After an hour, punch down dough.
- Divide into 2-3 loaves, cover and let rise till doubled.
- Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until lightly brown
- Remove bread from pan after 5 minutes or so, try to wait till bread is cool and enjoy.