This is an easy cake mix based dessert that I found while looking through my mother's recipe box. It's especially lemony if you use lemon cake mix! The prep time includes time to cool the cake before glazing.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup water
- add 4 eggs
- add 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix or yellow cake mix (2 layer size)
- add 3-5 drops yellow food coloring
- add 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- add 1 (4 ounce) package jello lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling or vegetarian lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- add 1/4 cup oil
- add 1 tablespoon hot milk
- Blend all ingredients in a large mixer bowl; then beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Bake in greased and floured 10-inch bundt or tube pan at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan.
- To make glaze, gradually add hot milk and yellow food coloring to confenctioners' sugar in a bowl, blending well.
- Pour glaze onto cooled cake.