This is an easy cake mix based dessert that I found while looking through my mother's recipe box. It's especially lemony if you use lemon cake mix! The prep time includes time to cool the cake before glazing.
- add 1 cup water
- add 4 eggs
- add 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix or yellow cake mix (2 layer size)
- add 3-5 drops yellow food coloring
- add 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- add 1 (4 ounce) package jello lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling or vegetarian lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- add 1/4 cup oil
- add 1 tablespoon hot milk
- Blend all ingredients in a large mixer bowl; then beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Bake in greased and floured 10-inch bundt or tube pan at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan.
- To make glaze, gradually add hot milk and yellow food coloring to confenctioners' sugar in a bowl, blending well.
- Pour glaze onto cooled cake.