If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup applesauce
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add cream cheese frosting (recipe)
- add 1 cup walnuts
- add 3 cups carrots
- add 4 large eggs
- add 1/4 teaspoon five-spice seasoning
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 cup raisins
- add 1/2 cup coconut
- add 2 cups sugar
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 (8 ounce) can pineapples
- Grease and lightly flour 2 9x1 1/2-inch round baking pans or grease one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Set pan(s) aside. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and 5 Spice Seasoning.
- Add carrots, oil, eggs, coconut.Beat with electric mixer till combined.
- Add walnuts, and raisins and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan(s). Bake in a 350~F oven for 30 - 35 minutes for round pans or 35 - 40 minutes for 13x9-inch pan or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool layer cakes on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
- Or, place 13x9-inch can in pan on a wire rack; cool thoroughly.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.