KEBBAH - CRUSHED WHEAT LAMB STUFFED WITH MINCED MEAT,
Filed Under: chef montaser masoud
Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 180g Top side of Beef (minced)
- add 250g Brown Burgol (cracked wheat)
- add 400g Minced lamb
- add 10g Mint leaves
- add 250g Red onion, chopped
- add 40g Fried pine nuts
- add 5g of each
- add (white pepper, Arabic spices, cinnamon powder & cumin)
- add 10g Salt
- add 40g Corn oil
- add 40g Tomato and lemon slices
- add 20g Lolo rossa lettuce
- add 80g Finely chopped romaine lettuce
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter slowly over medium heat; do not let it brown. Then bring butter to a boil. Stir in the onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered and undisturbed for 45 minutes. Milk solids on the bottom of the pan should be golden brown, and the butter on top will be transparent.
- Slowly pour the clear liquid into a bowl, straining through cheesecloth. It is important that no solids are left in the niter kebbeh.
- Transfer the kebbeh into a jar. Cover tightly, and store in the refrigerator.
- Read more: Recipe: Spiced Butter (Niter Kebbeh)