Posting this for a good friend that wanted my recipe!! These really are tasty lil buggers!! Came up with the idea from a box of crackers that must have been "drop-kicked" by some warehouse workers subbing it for a football! :S!! The crackers were pretty broken up, so made the best of them!! LOL!! Enjoy!! :)
- add 1 beaten egg
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add seafood cocktail sauce
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 (8 ounce) container select raw oysters
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1 cup finely crushed Chicken In A Biscuit crackers
- Pour oysters into a colander, rinse gently with cold water, drain.
- Carefully pat oysters dry on paper towel a few at a time.
- Dip oysters into beaten egg, let excess drip off, then into cracker crumbs, set on plate. Repeat til all are coated.
- Place in fridge, or cook now.
- Put oils and butter in pan and heat to med-high heat.
- Carefully place oysters into hot oil.
- Cook til golden brown on both sides turning only once as breading and oysters are delicate. About 3-4 minutes TOTAL if using medium-sized oysters. Watch them carefully!
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with your favorite sauce such as cocktail, tartar or Ranch dressing.
- Serves about 2.