This Thanksgiving my boyfriend's step mom's daughter-in-law, Kim, brought this for our feast. Not being a huge fan of sweet potatoes, I was reluctant to try it. Boy am I glad I did! It isn't as sweet as most casseroles and doesn't have tons the marshmallow goop on it. I begged her for the recipe so that I could have it every holiday and decided to post it on *Zaar so that I don't lose it. She stated on the recipe card that she always doubles the recipe and that when it does, it fills a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- add 3 tablespoons melted butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- add 1/2 cup brown sugar
- add 1 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- add 1/3 cup flour
- add 1/4 cup melted butter
- add 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- add 1/4 cup cream (or milk)
- Mix all of the casserole ingredients together until well blended.
- Spread into a buttered casserole dish.
- Mix topping ingredients (except marshmallows) together and sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- If topping with marshmallows, place them on the casserole and bake for an addition 5-7 minutes or until marshmallows have melted.