I love finding celebrity recipes in the paper! I haven't tried this one, I'm placing it here for safekeeping until I have the chance to do so. This comes from the Chicago Sun-Times, in an article about Passover Memories. This recipe was borrowed from the 'Celebrity Kosher Cookbook'. I hadn't known that Kirk Douglas was born Issur Danielovitch Demsky, the son of poor Russian immigrants.
- add 1/2 cup sherry wine
- add 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- add salt and pepper
- add 3 tomatoes
- add 1 cup pareve sour cream substitute
- add 4 green onions
- add 1 frying chicken
- Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes then plunge into cold water; skin will peel off easily then chop tomatoes into chunks.
- To make chicken: Preheat oven to 325.
- Wipe chicken parts with damp paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy pot or dutch oven, brown chicken in olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- During last 5 minutes of browning, add green onions; cook until greens wilt and white stems turn golden; add tomatoes, dill and sherry; cover and bake for 1 hour, remove chicken to a platter.
- Spoon sour cream substitute into pot; stir with juices from chicken; place pot over low flame and put chicken back into the sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- DO NOT let the sauce boil or it will curdle.