A classic, and a snap to put together.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add freshly steamed rice
- add 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- add 3 cups small broccoli florets
- add 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- add 5 green onions, chopped (both white and green)
- add 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- add 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- add 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- add 3 tablespoons water
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- Blend water, soy sauce, cornstarch, Sherry and sugar in bowl, set aside.
- Toss chicken with 1 tblsp cornstarch to coat.
- Heat 2 tblsps oil in wok over high heat.
- Add chilies and cook until blackened, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring frequently, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove chicken using slotted spoon.
- Set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tblsps oil to wok.
- Add green onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir sauce and add to wok.
- Cover and cook until sauce is thickened and broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes more.
- Mix in chicken and peanuts and heat.
- Serve with rice.