Very yummy, and you can control the heat. The two red hot peppers it calls for just gives it a little kick--not to hot for even my 5yr old.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 2 teaspoons sugar
- add 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- add 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- add 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- add 1 egg
- add 1 red bell pepper
- add 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- add 3-4 chopped scallions
- add 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- add 2 large garlic cloves
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- add 2 dried hot red chili peppers
- add 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- add 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- add 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- add rice
- Toss cubed chicken w/ 3T cornstarch, egg, and 1/2 t salt.Let rest for 30 minutes.
- In a wok heat oil and fry chicken till brown (do it w/ pretty hot oil because the longer it takes to cook the tougher the chicken.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and remove oil from pan.
- In a bowl put 1 t sesame oil, vinegar, 3 T water, 1/2 t salt, 2 t cornstarch, soy sauce, and wisk for 30 seconds.
- Add garlic, ginger, bell peppers, and scallions for 30 seconds more.
- Add hot peppers and wisk 10 seconds.
- Add sauce to wok and stir till thickens and starts to clear.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, add peanuts, mix well and drizzel w/ sesame oil.