One of our favorites. It takes a little time but well worth it.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- add 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- add 1/3 cup salted peanuts
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- add 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 5 teaspoons dry sherry
- add 6-8 small dried hot chili peppers
- add 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- add 2 green onions
- For marinade, combine 2 t. soy sauce, 2 t. sherry, 2 t. cornstarch and the salt in large bowl; mix well. Add chicken; stir to coat well. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining 3 t. soy sauce, 3 t. sherry, the vinegar, chicken broth, sugar and remaining 1 1/2 t. cornstarch in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Heat 1 T. oil in wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add peanuts and cook until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 T. oil over medium heat. Add chili peppers and stir-fry until peppers just begin to darken, about 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add ginger; stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute more. Add onions and peanuts to pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.