Labneh (Lebanese Cream Cheese)
Filed Under: cold mezze recipe courtesy montaser masoud
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Ingredients Edit and Save
- add Original recipe makes 2 poundsChange Servings
- add 16 cups plain yogurt
- add 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- add 1/4 cup olive oil
- Line a large colander with a cheesecloth. Stir salt into the yogurt, and pour the yogurt into the cheesecloth. Set the colander in the sink or bowl to catch the liquid that drains off. Leave to drain for 24 hours.
- After draining for the 24 hours, transfer the resulting cheese to a bowl. Stir in the olive oil. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.