I really enjoy making this recipe and my husband enjoys the leftovers for lunch the next day. The meat sauce can be made ahead of time and even frozen for future use.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup cream
- add 500 g ground beef
- add salt
- add 2 cups milk
- add 1 onion
- add 1 teaspoon oregano
- add pepper
- add 250 g lasagna noodles
- add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- add 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- add 60 g butter
- add 2 (470 g) cans whole tomatoes
- add 1 pinch nutmeg
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- add 4 tablespoons flour
- add 125 g mushrooms
- add 1/4 teaspoon basil
- add 125 g grated processed cheese
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Cook noodles in large saucepan of boiling salted watter until tender, approximately 15 minute Drain Well.
- Meat Sauce:.
- Heat oil, add steak; cook until well browned; pur off excess fat.
- Add chopped tomatoes with liquid from cans, peeled finely chopped onions, sliced mushrooms, crushed garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, salt, sugar.
- Bring to boil, stirring; reduce heat, simmer uncovered 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cheese Sauce:.
- Melt butter in sucespan.
- Stir in flour, cook gently, stirring 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in grated processed and grated parmesan cheese, stir until cheese melts.
- Place one-third of noodles in greased shallow ovenproof dish.
- Spread with half the meat sauce, then half the cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers of noodles and sauces, top evenly with third layer of noodles.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 F(175 C) 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon cream over the top, bake further 10 - 15 minutes.