Lauki ki Yogurt Gravy
We have already prepared chana dal lauki curry and lauki tomato curry. Today we will make dahi lauki (kashmiri or yakhani lauki). Taste of lauki prepared in whisked curd and ginger, fennel powder is different from any other lauki dish.
- add ngredients for Yakhni Lauki
- add Bottle gourd - 500 grams
- add Fresh curd - 1 cup
- add Oil - 2 tbsp
- add Whole garam masala - 1 bug cardamom, 1/2 inch cinnamon stick, 2 cloves, 5-6 black pepper
- add Ginger powder - 1/2 tsp
- add Fennel powder - 1 tsp
- add Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- add Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- add Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- add Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- add Green coriander - 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- add Salt - 1 tsp (as per taste)
- add Green chilly - 1 (finely chopped)
- add Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- add Oil - for frying lauki
- How to make Kashmiri Doodhi Yakhni
- Wash gourd and dry completely. Peel and remove stalk. Cut gourd into 1-1/2 inch size chunks (of equal size). Remove seeds as well.
- Preheat oil in a pan. When oil is sufficiently hot, place all gourd chunks into oil and fry until they turn little brown in color. Likewise fry rest of the lauki as well.Preheat 1-2 tbsp oil in a separate pan. When oil is sufficiently hot add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Saute for while and add coarsely ground species, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Saute for few minutes. Also add red chilly powder and curd. Stir constantly and cook on low flame until it simmers once. Now add fennel powder, ginger powder and green chilly into it.
- When masala comes to boil and oil starts separating from it, add 1/2 cup water into it. Stir constantly and cook until it comes to boil again. Now add salt and green coriander in the gravy and mix well. Also add fried gourds chunks in the gravy. Cover and cook the sabzi for 3-4 minutes.