Servs: 20 Prep:
you know how pricey Lax is to get from store ... as were you can make it in your home in no time ...and you know how fresh it is... you will love the savings.. it is wonderful for paties ,for breakfast or fast wrap sandwiches...
- add Recipe:
- add Lax(Salmon)
- add Nova Scotia style
- add One slab of fresh salmon with skin
- add One part sea salt
- add Two part brown sugar
- add Two fresh lemons
- add Small bunch of fresh basil
- add Small bunch of fresh dill
- add 3 days of your time: for this you need 72 hours to cure the salmon to bring it to Lax states.
- One side of fresh file of salmon with skin (clean the skin side)
- Mix the two parts Brown sugar to one part salt. Ex: if you use 8 oz Brown Sugar add 4 oz salt).
- First day: on clean sheet of plastic, put fresh salmon flesh side up.
- Sprinkle the mixture of b/sugar & salt all over the salmon.
- Wrap & put couple of heavy food cans on top, keep in refrigerate for 24 hour.
- Next day pour out the excess water that was produce out& repeat aging by sprinkling mixture fob/sugar & salt, wrap again, place the can goods on top,
- Place in refrigerator for another 24 hour.
- On the 3rd day: Empty the excess water places the salmon on clean plastic wrap.
- Juice the two lemons. Clean & wash the dill & the basil, cut about 2 inch size mixed in with lemon juice, pure the mixture over the salmon. Wrap the salmon in
- The plastic cover with theheavy food can again & put in the refrigerator. Take it out the next day.
- Lox(Salmon) now is ready.
- Slice very thin, this could be used for breakfast over bagel & cream cheese or
- Use thin slices of lox with green onion,chopped boiled eggs & capers, parsley with green salad.