This recipe came from my local TV station's web site. It was a big hit with my co-workers on party day.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 green onion
- add 1 yellow squash
- add 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- add 1 1/4 cups salsa
- add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1 can black beans
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 bag romaine lettuce
- add 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- add 1 cucumber
- add 1 can sliced ripe olives
- Place 1/2 the lettuce in bottom of serving dish.
- Layer salsa, beans, and squash over lettuce.
- Place cucumber over squash, sprinkle with olives.
- Top with remaining lettuce.
- Dressing: Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic powder, and lemon juice.
- Spread evenly on top of salad.
- Sprinkle with cheese and onion.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.