Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"Tomatoes and cheese are piled onto slices of bread and broiled. Easy bruschetta that even tomato haters will love."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large tomato, sliced
- add 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- add 4 slices Italian bread, 1/2 inch thick
- add 1/2 cup olive oil
- add 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Arrange the slices of bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Mix together the olive oil and garlic powder in a cup or small bowl. Brush onto the slices of bread. Cover each piece of bread with tomato slices, then sprinkle with as much cheese as you like. Drizzle just a bit of the olive oil over the cheese.
- Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Make sure you keep an eye on it - it doesn't take long!