This recipe comes from a local newspaper.......very yummy! Note: Be sure to cook the noodles well, since they are not covered in sauce, and may dry out, also, cooking time does not include boiling the lasagna noodles.
- add 9 lasagna noodles (not oven-ready)
- add 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- add 1 onion
- add 2 onions
- add salt and pepper
- add 8-10 large potatoes
- add oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325; grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Boil lasagna noodles in salted water until tender (NOT al dente!)Drain well and brush with oil or melted butter on both sides to keep from drying out; set aside.
- Boil the potatoes; mash.
- Saute finely chopped onion until translucent.
- Mix the mashed potatoes with cheese, sauteed onions, salt and pepper.
- In prepared baking dish, place one layer of noodles, top with half of mashed potato mixture; repeat, ending with a final layer of noodles.
- Brush the final layer of noodles with oil or melted butter before covering with coarsely chopped sauteed onions.
- Bake for approximately 1/2 hour and serve hot with sour cream and fried bacon.