What to do with leftovers? Here's a very easy and adaptable alternative to making the usual sandwiches or salads. TO SIMPLIFY: Just reheat the prime rib for a couple of minutes with some fried potatoes and onions - then serve over toast with a fried egg.
- add 1 1/2 cups leftover prime rib roast, cubed into bite sized pieces (or shredded in a food processor)
- add 1 medium onion
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add salt
- add 1 teaspoon minced garlic (to taste)
- add pepper
- add 4 eggs
- add 1 small tomato, diced (optional)
- add 4 corn tortillas or toasted bread
- add 1 green pepper (optional) or red pepper, diced (optional)
- add 2 medium potatoes, cubed into bite sized pieces (or 2 yams, or 2 sweet potatoes)
- add 2 cups gravy (mushroom, or made from the prime rib au jus) (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter; Sauté the potato, onion, pepper and garlic; Cook until potatoes are golden brown and tender inside, stirring every 4-5 minutes; Salt & pepper to taste.
- While potatoes are cooking, thicken the au jus into a gravy or make a mushroom gravy; toast your bread or lightly fry each tortilla and lightly warm the leftover prime rib in a microwave (perhaps with a bit of the au jus to re-moisten the meat); keep everything warm.
- When potatoes have finished cooking, fry each egg.
- On top of each tortilla or bread slice layer the prime rib, hash mixture, and fried egg - then top with the gravy; you could also put the egg on top of the bread instead.