Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
By spring 20 to 22nd of march which is first day of spring. most often this is a dish that would be served to celebrate the big holiday & is served with Sabzi polo which is ( chopped green herbs Cilantro, green onion parsley mixed with rice.. or Sheeveed Baghaleh polo which is ( rice with chopped dill & fresh green Fava or Lima beans.
- add One 8 lb of leg of lamb timed of all the fat.
- add 1/4 fresh rosemary chopped
- add lemon pepper to taste
- add sea salt to taste
- add 4 large clove garlic chopped
- add 1/4 cup beer
- add 1/2 cup orange juice
- add 1 table spoon fresh grated lemon zests
- add Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- in a large pan rub the leg of lamb with extra virgin olive oil
- then sea salt, lemon pepper , garlic , rosemary
- preheat oven to 350 degree.
- place the leg of lamb in a big roasting pan & roast for 30 min.
- mix the beer orange juice & lemon zest .
- pour over leg of lamb & bake for 25.
- at this time lower the temp of oven to 300 & cook for 20 min.
- in between times always check the lamb for moistness.if there is a need add a bit of water to the pan and not directly to the lamb.
- then cover the pan with foil & bake 20 t0 40 min. until leg of lamb is nice & tender