If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups <a href ="/recipes/recipe_views/views/104920">lemon curd</a>
- add 2 tablespoons cold water
- add 1 large egg yolk
- add 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- add 1 cup all-purpose flour
- add 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- add 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice<B>For filling</b>
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- add 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juiceGarnish: poppy seedsSpecial equipment: 8 (3 1/2- by 2/3-inch) round tartlet pans
- add 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- add <B>For tart shells</b>
- Make tart shells: Pulse together flour, confectioners sugar, salt, and poppy seeds in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Whisk together yolk, water, and lemon juice in a bowl, then add to processor and pulse until pea-size lumps form and dough holds together when squeezed. (Dough will appear slightly crumbly.)
- Press 1/4 cup dough evenly into each tart shell with floured fingers (dough will be moist) and lightly prick bottoms with a fork. Chill until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Put shells on a baking sheet and bake in lower third of oven until golden,
- 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack and, when shells are just cool enough to handle, carefully loosen edges with a thin knife and remove from pans.
- Fill tart shells and make topping: Fill each shell with 3 tablespoons lemon curd.
- Beat together cream with confectioners sugar and lemon juice in a bowl with an electric mixer until it
- just holds stiff peaks. Transfer to a pastry bag with a decorative tip
- and pipe onto curd (or dollop frosting
- with a spoon).
- Cooks' note:
- Shells may be made 2 days ahead, cooled completely, and kept in an airtight container