If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 eggs
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 1 teaspoon grated lemons, rind of
- add 2 cups buttermilk
- add 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2/3 cup sugar
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well.
- Add salt, grated lemon peel, lemon juice, and cornstarch; mix well.
- Add buttermilk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into buttermilk mixture.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Serve warm or cooled.