Boneless chicken in a lucious sauce full of flavour. Lemon, capers, artichokes,mushrooms,... who could ask for more! Linguini or rice are the perfect accompaniment.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 cup chicken broth
- add 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- add 1 grated lemon, zest of
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 6 ounces button mushrooms
- add 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add 1/2 medium onion
- add 2 tablespoons capers
- add 1 lemon, juice of
- add 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for three minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 2 minuts more.
- Add the flour and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and slowly stir in the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- REturn the skillet to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the liquid thickens.
- Add the artichokes.
- Cover and reduce the heat; simmering 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over linguini or rice and garnish with the capers.