Servs: 30 Prep: Cook:
When Grandaughter, Ruby, and I were in the cookie making business to raise funds for Melanoma Research, this was a "most requested."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Cookies
- add 1 cup (1 stick) Butter Flavor Crisco
- add 1-1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- add 1/2 cup white sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 tbs milk
- add 2 tsp vanilla
- add 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 tsp baking soda
- add 1/2 tsp dried lemon peel
- add 1/2 tsp salt
- add 2-1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- add 1 cup raisins
- add 1 cup chopped nuts
- add Glaze
- add 1 cup powdered sugar
- add 1 tbs melted butter
- add lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- Beat shortening and sugars together until well blended, scraping sides of bowl a time or two. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, salt, soda, lemon peel and oatmeal in a medium bowl. Stir to blend. Add to the creamed mixture a little at a time until well blended. Add the raisins and nuts; stir just until blended. I like to chill the dough for an hour or so, or even overnight, but it isn?t necessary. Bake at 375 for 6 minutes. With a flat spatula, gently smash down the cookies to flatten them a bit. Continue baking for another 6 minutes. Cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheet, then remove to paper towels for cooling. When cookies have cooled a bit, drizzle the Lemon Glaze over the cookies.
- Lemon Glaze
- Combine the powdered sugar, butter and enough lemon juice to make a nice runny glaze.