If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 10 inch cast iron fry pan - ONLY CAST IRON!
- add 2 cups Crisco oil or melted shortening - ONLY CRISCO!
- add 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- add 1 tsp salt
- add 1 tsp lemon pepper
- add 1 Tbs seasoning salt
- add 2 Tbs garlic powder
- add 2 cups flour
- add 6-8 pieces raw chicken (thighs separated from legs, breast separated from wings, etc) Amish or farm fed chicken is best!
- Rinse chicken in cold water, drain. Mix together dry ingredients in a large coffee can. Heat Crisco in cast iron pan until it sizzles when you flick a drop of water into it. Place 1/2 chicken in dry mixture cover and shake well to coat. place chicken piece by piece, skin side down in hot pan. Turn heat down to low. Cover. Do the same with the remaining chicken. When underside turns golden brown (usually 20-30 minutes) turn chicken over and DO NOT COVER. Turn heat up to medium and fry until second side is golden brown. Remove from pan to paper towels, then to serving platter.