"This is a yummy variation of Amish Friendship Bread. It's one of my family's favorites! It's versatile enough to make muffins, too. Just add 3 tablespoons of the batter into greased muffin tins and reduce the baking time to 23-25 minutes."
- add 2 (3 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1 cup white sugar
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/8 cup poppy seeds
- add 1/2 cup applesauce
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- In a large mixing bowl blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, poppy seeds, and lemon pudding mix. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Amish starter, eggs, milk, applesauce, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Add to dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F(165 degrees C) oven for one hour. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan.