A very impressive and tasty little tart. Much easier than it looks!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons ground almonds
- add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar icing
- add 60 g butter
- add 1/3 cup caster sugar
- add 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
- add candied lemon peel
- add 1/2 cup thickened cream
- add 1 egg yolk
- add 3/4 cup plain flour
- add 2 eggs
- add 1-2 teaspoon cold water
- add whipped cream
- add 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Lightly grease a 24 cup or 2x 12 cup cupcake tray (patty cakes size not muffin size).
- Make a pastry by processing the flour, icing sugar, ground almonds, and butter in a food processer until well combined.
- Add the egg yolk and water and process until ingredients come together.
- Lightly knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- Cover dough and refridgerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until pastry is 3mm thick.
- Cut into 24 rounds using a 6cm cutter.
- Place pastry into prepared holes.
- Combine the rind, juice, eggs, sugar and cream in a bowl or large jug and mix well.
- Pour a little filling into each pastry shell, using all of the filling.
- Bake in a pre-heated 180 degee C oven for about 20 minutes or until the filling is set and pastry lightly browned.
- Serve decorated with a small dollop of whipped cream and a sliver of candied or fresh lemon zest if desired.