Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
This is the traditional holiday pumpkin pie. This classic recipe has been on LIBBY'S? Pumpkin labels since 1950. This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Just mix, pour, bake for a delicious homemade tradition.
- add 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- add 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 large egg whites
- add 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S? 100% Pure Pumpkin
- add 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTL?? CARNATION? Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- add Light whipped cream (optional)
- add conversion calculator
- MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425? F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350? F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
- Remember to follow baking instructions before consuming.