Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
Dazzle family and friends with Libby's? Pumpkin Roll; moist and creamy, with a tantalizing aroma and beautiful presentation.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add CAKE
- add 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- add 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 3 large eggs
- add 1 cup granulated sugar
- add 2/3 cup LIBBY'S? 100% Pure Pumpkin
- add 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- add FILLING
- add 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- add 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- add 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
- FOR CAKE:
- PREHEAT oven to 375? F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- FOR FILLING:
- BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.