Light Fruitcake II
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup walnuts
- add 3 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 2 cups sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- add 1/2 lb mixed fruit
- add 3 cups flour
- add 2/3 cup butter
- add 1 cup milk
- add 1 1/2 cups seedless raisins
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cook raisins in water 10 minutes and then drain, cool and set aside. Cream butter and sugar, add beaten eggs, beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, sifted together.
- Add milk, lemon juice and mixed fruit; mix together raisins, walnuts, blending well.
- Grease and flour angel food pan.
- Fill half full, put rest of batter in a loaf pan and bake 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours at 300 degrees.