This is a light Jello salad that works well in a Jello Mould or just in a bowl. We have served this every Thanksgiving and Christmas for as long as I can remember. I suppose you could try other Jello Flavors, but we like the Lime so much, I never have.
- add 15-20 ounces canned crushed pineapple (Drained)
- add 1 cup milk
- add 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- add 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- add 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- add 16 marshmallows
- add 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Melt the marshmallow in the milk, over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Put lime Jello mix into a large bowl.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the Jello and mix well.
- Break cream cheese into small pieces in to the Jello mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add drained pineapple and mix.
- Whip the cream and fold in to the Jello mixture with the Mayonaise.
- Pour into Jello mold (or bowl) and chill until firm.
- (You can substitute Cool Whip for the whipped cream if so desired, I just used the 2/3 cup measuring cup, and filled it up twice, it turned out good!).