This Jello salad is a tradition in our family to serve with ham or pork. It has shredded cabbage and carrots in it which give it a nice crunch. My Mom always served it when I was a kid and she can't remember where she got the recipe from. My kids love it. You can make with with regular or sugar free jello.
- add 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- add 1 cup water
- add 1 cup cabbage
- add 1 cup pineapple juice
- add 1 (3 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin (or Sugar Free)
- add 1/2 cup carrots
- Shred cabbage in food processor to be very fine and to equal 1 cup.Grate carrots to equal 1/2 cup.Add both to an 8 x 8 square dish.
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving liquid in a measuring cup.Add ice to the juice so it will equal exactly one cup.Set aside.
- In a small pan on low heat, heat one cup water.Add jello to disolve and turn off heat.Add the pineapple juice/ice to the pan and stir until ice melts.
- Pour jello mixture into the 8 x 8 dish with the cabbage, carrots and pineapple.Refrigerate for 2 hours unti firm.
- Cut into 9 square servings and and enjoy!