This is my moms recipe, i don't really know where she got it but I have always liked it. I find that I can substitute low fat evaporated milk and lowfat cottage cheese and use sugar free jello and sugar free pineapple to make this fit into my diabetic diet plan better.
- add 1 cup crushed pineapple
- add 1 cup evaporated milk
- add 1/4 cup diced celery
- add 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- add 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- add 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- add 1 cup boiling water
- Dissolve lime jello in boiling water add evaporated milk and mix till jellois completly dissolved.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix till blended.
- Pour into a 9 inch sguare pan and chill till set.