If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 pkg. yeast
- add 3/4 Cup hot tap water
- add In stand mixer (like a Kitchen Aid), dissolve yeast in water and let stand 5 minutes
- add 2 to 2-1/2 Cups BREAD Flour (Do NOT substitute regular-it won't be chewy)
- add 1 tsp. salt
- To mixer, add: 1/2 cup flour and the salt. Mix well for 3 minutes.
- Change to the dough hook and add the rest of the flour gradually until a soft dough is formed. Add more flour if needed.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl, cover and let dough double - about 2 hours.
- Punch dough down with your hands. On a floured service, shape into 2 SKINNY loaves. Cover again and let rise about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 450 degrees on cornmeal dusted parchment paper or baking stone for 20-25 minutes or until they sound hollow.
- Serve warm with tons of butter, yummy!