My friends and family request this recipe a lot. Enjoy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 to 8 slices bacon, diced
- add 2 sweet onions (Walla Walla or Vidalia) sliced thin (important to use sweet onions)
- add 2 small red cabbages, sliced thin (I used the food processor slicer)
- add 3 tart granny smith apples, peeled and sliced thin
- add 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- add 1/4 cup orange juice
- add 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- add 1/4 cup brown sugar
- add 2 Tbs. sugar
- add 1 tsp salt
- add 1/2 tsp pepper
- add 1 Tbs. caraway seeds
- In a large pot, cook bacon and onions until bacon is brown and onions are softened.
- Add rest of ingredients, cover and cook on low until tender approx. 1 hour.
- Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- May make ahead a day or two and reheat when ready to serve.