If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 pound dried linguine
- add 1/2 pound Gorgonzola, crumbled
- add 1 pound fresh spinach, coarse stems discarded, leaves washed well and spun dry
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crumbled
- add 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted until goldenGarnish: fresh basil leaves
- add 3/4 cup olive oil
- add 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- add 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- add Accompaniment: freshly grated Parmesan
- In a 6-quart kettle bring 5 quarts salted water to a boil for linguine.
- Cut half of spinach leaves into thin strips and reserve remaining whole leaves.
- In a large heavy skillet cook prosciutto, garlic, basil, and oregano in 1/2 cup oil over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain in a colander. Return pasta to kettle and toss with remaining 1/4 cup oil, prosciutto mixture, cut spinach and Gorgonzola. Season pasta with salt and pepper.
- Arrange reserved spinach leaves on 4 plates. Mound pasta on spinach and sprinkle with pine nuts. Garnish pasta with basil leaves and serve with Parmesan.