I got this recipe from out of the Sept. 2004 issue of BBC Good Food Magazine. It is gorgeous and I have made it 4 times already this week, once for company. My company loved it as well. It is easy to do,impressive, not that expensive and the results are delicious!
- add 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- add 2 ounces Stilton cheese or other blue cheese (I used Danish Blue)
- add 3 1/2 ounces olive oil
- add 2 green onions
- add 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute (the recipe did not call for this, it is my preference, but I found it added a lovely flavour to the)
- add 2 little gem lettuce (I have done it with sliced romaine as well with very good results)
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 tablespoons double cream
- Make the dressing by whisking the vinegar and cream with a little seasoning,and the sugar, then gradually whisk in the oil and crumble in the cheese.
- Cut the lettuces into wedges lengthways and arrange on a plate.
- Drizzle over the dressing and scatter on the green onions.